Monash University Squash Club offers a range of benefits to our members. The Club provides a friendly and social environment to meet and play with other members, as well as significant savings (particularly for students) to play squash or racquetball.
A yearly membership, either Social or Pennant, has the following benefits:
- Special student memberships – Monash University students have access to significantly reduced fees to play either socially or competitively in a team. The Club also actively seeks to provide benefits that are student-oriented – these include convenient practice times for students, discounted court hire that can be used in between classes, student-led social events and tournaments, sponsorship of the University Games team, Committee leadership opportunities and much more.
- Free practice sessions – members have access to over 10 hours a week of free member practice sessions. If you played for an hour a week all year, that’s a saving of about $600 (assuming you played with a partner who took half the cost!). These sessions are allocated for members only and is a great way to meet other players and to improve.
- Discounted court hire – members receive 50% discount off court hire on weekdays before 5pm.
- Subsidised coaching – members have access to discounted coaching programs delivered by our advanced players and qualified coaches. Programs are developed for members and aim to develop skills for players of all levels.
- Tournaments – the Club runs social and handicapped tournaments throughout the year for members. Members also receive automatic entry to the annual Club Championships.
- Social events – members are also invited to squash related activities and social gatherings that are organised throughout the year.
- Free insurance cover – members are affiliated with Squash Australia, and as such, have access to cover and competitive rates which are designed to benefit clubs, coaches and members.
A Pennant membership also includes:
- Inclusion in a pennant team playing in a State or local (SSL/ESRA) league.
This membership is inclusive of all Pennant game fees.
This represents significant savings.